One Month Chasing One Dream

An extension of "Mayday; Tell me its worth it."

This is the Gold Coast Blog; 4th June - 5th July 2010 - My chase for the Commonwealth Games A-qualifier.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 22-Day 28: thrown in the towel

this week i havent updated due to the fact ive thrown in the towel

last weekend was an amazing disaster and after 10 months of flat our comps and over 25 100m hurdle races (most people would do a max of 10 a season) my body has decided to call it quits.

now those who know me well know that i NEVER give up.
however, my mind has nothing to do with it,

my body just cant do it anymore

and its amazing it didnt give up months ago

however, with one more scheduled week on the coast i decided to go for broke
put in a solid week and try and cap of the month with a decent race.

training was going well
i felt strong and fast
and almost back to normal speeds

then my body, once again, proved how much ive over worked it
and now im as sick as a dog
race today
race tomorrow
then home time

what started as a chase for an A-qualifier has turned into "just get threw it" goal.

disappointing, but its not meant to be

ill come back stronger, fitter, faster and unstoppable next season.

but for now.
just gotta get threw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment