One Month Chasing One Dream

An extension of "Mayday; Tell me its worth it."

This is the Gold Coast Blog; 4th June - 5th July 2010 - My chase for the Commonwealth Games A-qualifier.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DAY 13: pain

THURSDAY

Yesterday, was recovery day.
and i thought, lets go to movie world.
recovery day my ass.
im as tired as ever.

cross of a speed session and a p0ol recovery session today
get a massage
and on with the job ahead.


people think my life is easy.
but they only see the good.
- travel everywhere
- dont have to work 12 hours a day
- the only thing i have to worry about it training.
but they dont see the bad
its a lonely sport
the pain and hard work that is required is far far underpaid
the pain of disappointment
of injuries
im in a near-constant state of lactic.
its not even funny how much pain im in even right now

this is not an easy life.
this is not a life i want for my kids even
its just my life.
thats all it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment