One Month Chasing One Dream

An extension of "Mayday; Tell me its worth it."

This is the Gold Coast Blog; 4th June - 5th July 2010 - My chase for the Commonwealth Games A-qualifier.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

DAY NINE: perseverance

Look at a stone cutter, hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.

i never realised how easy my success came until now.
but i know what ive done wrong.
but at the end of the day i have to want to fix my mistakes
before i can fix my results
and im not going to lie
the road im on has plenty of little parking spots i wanna park in.
but if park my car now
it will only take me longer to get to where i am going
and even if, right now, its not where i wanna go,
i know its eventually where i want to be

Success seems to be largely a matter of
hanging on after others have let go.
and my fingers are getting sore from holding on
only the strong survive. and im not sure i have what it takes.

im sick of wasting my life away on a dream that
might never be in reach
i feel time is running out but i cant let the fear
of the time it will take to accomplish something
stand in the way of doing it.
The time will pass anyway;
we might just as well put that passing time
to the best possible use
because at the end of the day, even if i miss this goal
i have to do all the work anyway to reach the next one.

difficult things take a long time,
impossible things a little longer.
and i may not be there yet,

but im closer than i was yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment