One Month Chasing One Dream

An extension of "Mayday; Tell me its worth it."

This is the Gold Coast Blog; 4th June - 5th July 2010 - My chase for the Commonwealth Games A-qualifier.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

DAY 14: All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become

training last night was killer
i hate it when i get too excited to do 150's, sprint them all at 100% then struggle through the rest of the sessions. my 100 reps yesterday were struggle town and the 50 reps were arguably worse.
but im very impressed with my 150's. to hit out that many, thats fast with walk backs was actually something to be very very proud of.

But it find its very hard training by myself.
very very hard.

Apparently, the 2 new girls turned up to squad training back home last night. so, there was Andrea, Bec, Bec and Bec. yep. the two new girls are both Bec's. and we already had a Bec. fun times ahead. its not going to be confusing at all.

i cant wait to get home and meet the new girls. i like working with younger girls because i like teaching people just how amazing they can be, to let them know, its ok to dream. and aim high. and believe. The juniors thrive off me. and im unsure why. all i do is encourage them and help them believe in themselves. am i really one of the only people in the world that do that?

Its quite flattering really, for people to have that much faith in my words. because at the end of the day, i never had anyone in my life as a junior to help me keep believing. And i think life would have been easier if i had. so if i can help these girls out. thats all i need out of this sport.


attitudes are contagious. make yours worth catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment