One Month Chasing One Dream

An extension of "Mayday; Tell me its worth it."

This is the Gold Coast Blog; 4th June - 5th July 2010 - My chase for the Commonwealth Games A-qualifier.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

RACE TWO: All is not lost.

I was a tiny bit worried yesterday to tell you the truth
but today was a lot better

13.60, Sally was within reach for the most part.

Again, i got second to her but i could almost reach out and touch her the whole way. Until the last hurdle home where i thought it might be a good idea to dip from the finish line home as apposed to running to the line THEN dipping. haha

but it was a HUGE confidence boost to know i can rub shoulders with her - shes friggen amazing

also, on the bright side i did manage to say in my lane.
But how i wish i could have raced Sally the whole season.

Also, i find myself getting more respect here then in WA, everybody is nothing but helpful and they believe in me and want me to do it. I do NOT miss WA athletics at times like this.
I even prefer to hurdle on this track then perth!

Also, went to the beach and it was amazinggggg
its nice and hot here
cant wait til tomorrow to hit the track and get some good solid work under my belt. Its been awhile since i flogged myself hardcore coz ive been injuried but if the weather stays hot here, its going to be an amazing week of sessions, plenty of 150's and kenetic energy work in store. Also, the odd starts and pool work.

Im also finding that there is zero pressure on me to win. and im enjoying that. It gives me the chance to finally get my mind off wining and more about running my process. Something ive been trying to do all season. I think ive grown up alot as an athlete already and its only day 2.

More importantly,
For the first time in a long time i find myself enjoying what i do.
Instead of it being work, its more like pleasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment