One Month Chasing One Dream

An extension of "Mayday; Tell me its worth it."

This is the Gold Coast Blog; 4th June - 5th July 2010 - My chase for the Commonwealth Games A-qualifier.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What's in store.

Now, i'm off to the Gold Coast to finish the season on my own terms.

In the last year i have done some amazing things.
I competed in the UK for the Athletics Ashes in the 100m Hurdles
I won the Sydney Track Classic 100m hurdles
Took out both state titles for the 100m and 100m hurdles,
Silver at Open Nationals
Commonwealth Games B-Qualifier.

Lets see if i can cap it off with an A-qualifier, or at least a PB, i couldn't go into the offseason knowing that disaster run at nationals was my last. Injury has plagued me recently, its been a long season for me, but with the help of my awesome Chiropractor, and all the support from Leeming Chiropractic Center i think i can give the A-qualifier a good shot. If not, i'm currently the second fastest WA ever so i wouldnt mind walking away with the state record of 13.32

Ive taken off like 0.73 in one season,
In total over the past 2 seasons ive taken off like 2.4 Seconds
So it is a big ask to take off another 0.17 seconds
But not an impossible one.

Here's what my next month will look like

Depart Date; 4th June 2010, 11am Flight.
Stop over in Sydney then onto the Gold Coast.

Race Dates:
5th June, Southport
6th June, Southport
12th June (x 2), Southport
13th June, UQ
26th June, UQ
27th June, UQ
2/3/4 (x 2) July, Southport, USA Down Under comp.

Return Date, 5th July.


A-Qualifier: 13.25
State Record: 13.32
My PB: 13.43

Possible: YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment